Washington, D.C. (July 1, 2021) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to be recognized in the 2021 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals. For the tenth consecutive year, Sterne Kessler is ranked as “highly recommended” in the categories of transactions and prosecution for the Washington, D.C. Metro Area. The firm is also ranked nationally for prosecution and in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area for litigation.
Consistently ranked among the premier IP firms in the United States, Sterne Kessler earned praise from the IAM Patent 1000 editors, who described its patent lawyers as “wonderfully cohesive” whose advice contains “the distilled essence of the firm’s incredible knowledge.” That collaboration “encompasses all technical and scientific disciplines and everything you could possibly do with a patent – from filing to licensing and enforcing or defending it in court.” The editors noted that “the array of 2021 rankings its lawyers achieved bears testament to this dexterity.” They also highlighted the ranked directors’ achievements for clients such as Roivant, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Apple, and the Regents of the University of California, specific to its Nobel Prize–winning CRISPR technology.
In addition to the firm’s rankings, 16 Sterne Kessler directors have been named by the IAM Patent 1000 research team to be among the most distinguished IP attorneys in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area. Of those 16 directors, four also make repeat appearances in the IAM Patent 1000’s “United States: National” rankings.
The 16 firm directors recognized by IAM in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area and national rankings include:
- Richard D. Coller III (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin (DC Highly Recommended - prosecution, Silver Band – litigation; National: Recommended – design patents)
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation; National: Highly recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Donald J. Featherstone (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D. (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Michael Joffre, Ph.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Michael Q. Lee (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Michael B. Ray (DC Recommended – transactions)
- John Christopher “J.C.” Rozendaal (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Robert E. Sokohl (DC Bronze Band – litigation, Recommended – transactions, Recommended – prosecution)
- Eric K. Steffe (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Deborah Sterling, Ph.D. (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Robert Greene Sterne (DC Silver Band – litigation, Recommended – transactions; National: Recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Dennies Varughese, Pharm.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Jon E. Wright (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Daniel E. Yonan (DC Silver Band – litigation; National: Recommended – ITC)
About IAM Patent 1000
The IAM Patent 1000 is an independent publication dedicated to highlighting individual and firm expertise across all major areas of patent law and practice. Using a robust research process performed by highly qualified analysts, IAM Patent 1000 annually names the top patent practitioners and firms in key jurisdictions around the world, including 20 in the United States.
About Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 50 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.