Washington D.C. (June 16, 2020) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to be recognized in the new edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals. For the ninth consecutive year, Sterne Kessler is ranked as “highly recommended” in the categories of transactions and prosecution for the Washington, D.C. Metro Area. The firm is also ranked nationally for prosecution and in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area for litigation.
The IAM Patent 1000 editors praise Sterne Kessler’s “magnificent” patent practice, noting that “the eminent DC boutique is steeped in the art of prosecution, a ‘market leader in post-grant proceedings’ and a force to be reckoned with in hardcore district court, ITC and Federal Circuit patent litigation.” They also highlight recent victories helmed by ranked directors for clients such as Teva, Feit Electric, and the University of California Regents (specific to CRISPR technology).
In addition to the firm’s rankings, 15 Sterne Kessler directors have been named by the IAM Patent 1000 research team to be among the most distinguished IP attorneys in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area. Of those 15 directors, four have also been distinguished for excellence on the IAM Patent 1000’s “United States: National” list.
The 15 firm directors recognized by IAM in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area and national rankings include:
- Richard D. Coller III (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin (DC Highly Recommended - prosecution, Silver Band – litigation; National: Recommended – design patents)
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D. (DC Silver Band – litigation; National: Highly recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Donald J. Featherstone (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D. (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Michael Joffre, Ph.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Michael Q. Lee (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Michael B. Ray (DC Recommended – transactions)
- John Christopher “J.C.” Rozendaal (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Robert E. Sokohl (DC Bronze Band – litigation, Recommended – transactions, Recommended – prosecution)
- Eric K. Steffe (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Robert Greene Sterne (DC Silver Band – litigation, Recommended – transactions; National: Recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Dennies Varughese, Pharm.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Jon E. Wright (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Daniel E. Yonan (DC Silver Band – litigation; National: Recommended – ITC)
To read the complete ranking report for Sterne Kessler, please click here.
About IAM Patent 1000
The IAM Patent 1000 is an independent publication dedicated to highlighting individual and firm expertise across all major areas of patent law and practice. Using a robust research process performed by highly qualified analysts, IAM Patent 1000 annually names the top patent practitioners and firms in key jurisdictions around the world, including 20 in the United States.
About Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 50 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.