Washington, D.C. (July 5, 2022) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to announce that the firm and 14 directors have been ranked among the best intellectual property firms and practitioners globally by Managing IP in the 2022 edition of their “IP Stars” guide. Managing IP has recognized the firm in its guide for achievements in intellectual property law every year since 2014.
In the newest edition of IP Stars, Sterne Kessler ranked nationally in “Tier 1” for Patent Prosecution and PTAB Litigation and “Tier 2” for Life Sciences. Additionally, the firm was recognized with a national placement for ITC Litigation. Sterne Kessler also received a “highly recommended” distinction in the District of Columbia category for Patent Contentious and Patent Prosecution and a “recommended” distinction in the Trademark Prosecution category.
In the editors’ commentary, they noted, “IP firm Sterne Kessler Goldstein & Fox offers a deep bench of attorneys versed in all areas,” and went on to say, “The firm is highly recommended for their practice in patent prosecution and litigation and is also recommended for their work in trademark prosecution matters.”
These rankings follow Managing IP recognizing Director Monica Riva Talley with their Trademark Prosecution Practitioner of the Year Award in April, as announced by the firm in an earlier press release available here.
The IP Stars editors note that individuals ranked as “IP Stars” are “experienced senior IP practitioner[s]...who [have] been recommended by peers and/or clients” and are “integral to the success of their firm.” Sterne Kessler’s 2022 firm and individual “IP Stars” rankings include:
- Patent Prosecution – Tier 1
- PTAB Litigation – Tier 1
- Life Sciences – Tier 2
- ITC Litigation – Tier 3
District of Columbia Rankings:
- Patent Contentious – Highly Recommended
- Patent Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Trademark Prosecution – Recommended
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin, chair of the Mechanical & Design Practice Group
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D., director in the Biotechnology & Chemical and Trial & Appellate Practice Groups and co-chair of the Patent Office Litigation Practice
- Carla Ji-Eun Kim, director in the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group and chair of the Patent Prosecution Practice
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D., director in the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group
- Michael Joffre, Ph.D., director in the Trial & Appellate Practice Group
- Michael Q. Lee, director in the Electronics Practice Group
- Michael B. Ray, managing director of Sterne Kessler and member of the Electronics Practice Group
- John Christopher "J.C." Rozendaal, chair of the Trial & Appellate Practice Group
- Eric K. Steffe, director in the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group
- Deborah Sterling, Ph.D., chair of the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group
- Robert Greene Sterne, director in the Electronics Practice Group and co-chair of the Patent Office Litigation Practice
- Jon E. Wright, director in the Trial & Appellate and Electronics Practice Groups
- Daniel E. Yonan, director in the Trial & Appellate Practice Group
- Monica Riva Talley, chair of the Trademark & Brand Protection Practice
About “IP Stars”
Research for Managing IP’s annual "IP Stars" list covers contentious and non-contentious IP work and is carried out over a six-month period by an experienced team of research analysts and journalists who interview IP practitioners and their clients and assess information gathered through a comprehensive online survey. The results are based on a weighted system of peer and client feedback, combined with submissions analysis and independent research. The full "IP Stars" rankings are available here.
About Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 60 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.