Washington D.C. (May 20, 2019) - Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is pleased to announce that Managing Intellectual Property has once again ranked it and eleven directors among the best intellectual property firms and practitioners worldwide in its 2019 edition of the "IP Stars" guide. This marks the sixth consecutive year the firm has been ranked by the publication for its excellence in intellectual property law. Sterne Kessler ranked nationally in "Tier 1" for patent prosecution and patent office litigation work and earned a "highly recommended" distinction in the District of Columbia for patent contentious and prosecution efforts.
The firm’s complete 2019 results include:
- Patent Prosecution – Tier 1
- PTAB Litigation – Tier 1
- Life Sciences – Tier 2
- ITC Litigation – Notable Firm
- Trademark Prosecution – Notable Firm
District of Columbia Rankings
- Patent Contentious – Highly Recommended
- Patent Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Trademark Prosecution – Recommended
Accompanying the firm's distinctions, the following directors have been named 2019 "IP Stars:"
- Tracy Gene G. Durkin, chair of the Mechanical & Design Patent Practice Group, is recognized as a "Trademark Star" and "Patent Star."
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D., director in the Biotechnology & Chemical and Trial & Appellate Practice Groups, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D., director in the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Michael Q. Lee, director in the Electronics Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Michael B. Ray, managing director of Sterne Kessler and member of the Electronics Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- John Christopher "J.C." Rozendaal, director in and co-chair of the Trial & Appellate Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Eric K. Steffe, director in the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group and chair of the Patent Prosecution Practice, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Robert Greene Sterne, founding director of Sterne Kessler, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Monica Riva Talley, chair of the Trademark & Brand Protection Practice Group, is recognized as a "Trademark Star."
- Jon E. Wright, director in the Trial & Appellate and Electronics Practice Groups, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Daniel E. Yonan, director in the Trial & Appellate Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
These recognitions coincide with Tracy-Gene G. Durkin, Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D. and Monica Riva Talley receiving top honors from Managing Intellectual Property for the third consecutive year as three of the "Top 250 Women in IP," a list which distinguishes the most accomplished female intellectual property practitioners around the world.
About IP Stars
Research for Managing Intellectual Property annual "IP Stars" list covers contentious and non-contentious IP work and is carried out over a six-month period by an experienced team of research analysts and journalists who interview IP practitioners and their clients and assess information gathered through a comprehensive online survey. The results are based on a weighted system of peer and client feedback, combined with submissions analysis and independent research. The full "IP Stars" rankings are available on the Managing Intellectual Property website, here.
About Sterne Kessler
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne Kessler is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 50 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.