The June 2020 issue of Sterne Kessler's MarkIt to Market® newsletter leads with breaking news of today's Supreme Court's decision in favor of Booking.com. Other topics discussed include copyright applications covering a "single unit of publication," a recent precedential decision regarding registrability of marks for CBD products, the USPTO's COVID-19 Prioritized Examination Program for trademarks, the classification of personal protective equipment, and trademark scams.
In this issue:
- Breaking News: Booking.com Prevails in Genericness Challenge
- Unicolors v. H&M: When White Lies Can Leave You Black and Blue
- CBD Ingredient Brands - Trademark Registration Is Possible, but May Be a Tough Pill to Swallow
- USPTO COVID-19 Prioritized Trademark Examination Program
- Safety First - Describing Personal Protective Equipment for Proper Classification
- Trademark Scams - No Method of Communication is Off Limits
Sterne Kessler's Trademark & Brand Protection practice is designed to help meet the intellectual property needs of companies interested in developing and maintaining strong brands around the world. For more information, please contact Monica Riva Talley or Tracy-Gene G. Durkin.