Washington D.C. (January 2, 2020) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to announce the election of three new directors – Dallin Glenn, David H. Holman, Ph.D., and Graham C. Phero – effective January 1, 2020. In the past year, the firm has also promoted five attorneys to counsel.
“We are fortunate to have such talented attorneys from which we are able to promote these three new directors. David, Dallin, and Graham have proven themselves to be smart, hardworking attorneys, who epitomize Sterne Kessler’s founding principles of teamwork, respect and quality of service with an emphasis on scientific and technical knowledge. It is with great enthusiasm that we welcome them to our directorship,” said Managing Director Michael B. Ray.
The firm’s new directors are:
- Dallin Glenn is a director in Sterne Kessler’s Trial & Appellate Practice Group. Dallin has worked in many aspects of intellectual property law, including litigation at the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and in district courts: handling post-grant patent challenges at the USPTO; drafting patent applications and pursuing global prosecution strategies; and providing opinions on intellectual property matters. Dallin handles matters in a wide range of technologies including, biologics, pharmaceuticals, polymers, semiconductors, electrical equipment, wireless communications, construction materials, abrasive ceramics, and those used in the automotive industry. Dallin has represented clients in more than ten high-stakes disputes at the ITC, and his strategic input and procedural expertise make him a valued member of the firm’s ITC practice. Dallin holds a J.D. from the George Mason University School of Law and a B.S. in chemical engineering from Brigham Young University.
- David H. Holman, Ph.D. is a director in Sterne Kessler’s Biotechnology & Chemical and Trial & Appellate Practice Groups. David has extensive experience in inter partes review proceedings and in the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications. His technical expertise is in the areas of immunology, microbiology, and molecular biology. David performed his graduate research under Dr. James Norris at the Medical University of South Carolina. His academic research focused on the characterization and use of small molecule inhibitors of ceramide metabolism for treating prostate cancer. He also explored the synergistic anti-cancer activity of these small molecules when combined with viral vector gene therapies. David holds a J.D. from the Charleston School of Law, a Ph.D. in microbiology and immunology from the Medical University of South Carolina, and a B.S. in microbiology from Clemson University.
- Graham C. Phero is a director in Sterne Kessler’s Mechanical & Design Practice Group. He counsels on all aspects of the intellectual property spectrum from application filing through enforcement/defense and everything in between. Graham has extensive experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the aerospace, medical device, electrical, and mechanical arts. His experiences at the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), and in district courts inform his patent drafting which helps to immunize claims against future challenges. Graham holds a J.D. from the George Washington University Law School and a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
The following attorneys were promoted from associate to counsel in the past year. The five attorneys promoted to counsel are:
- Jaume M. Canaves, Ph.D. of the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group;
- Lauriel F. Dalier of the Trademark & Brand Protection Practice;
- Ivy Clarice Estoesta of the Mechanical & Design Practice Group and Trademark & Brand Protection Practice;
- Dana N. Justus of the Trademark & Brand Protection Practice; and
- Olga A. Partington, Ph.D. of the Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group.
About Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
Based in Washington, D.C. and renown for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne Kessler is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law, tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold nearly 50 masters and 50+ doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.