Washington, D.C. (July 12, 2023) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is pleased to announce that the firm earned favorable standings across several categories in Vault’s 2024 “Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For” rankings. Further, the firm earned a top 15 practice area prestige ranking among eligible law firms of all sizes in the intellectual property category. Vault’s well-regarded rankings guide is based upon the company’s Annual Associate Survey conducted from January 2023 through March 2023.
Sterne Kessler is positioned among the top midsize law firms in the following categories:
- Diversity (Top 10)
- Technology & Innovation (Top 15)
- Formal Training (Top 15)
- Transparency (Top 15)
- Compensation (Top 20)
- Wellness (Top 20)
- Overall Ranking (Top 25)
In addition to comprehensive quality of life rankings, the annual Vault survey also gathers anonymous comments from associates on several aspects of firm life, including culture, quality of work, training and mentoring, and more. Following are a selection of direct quotes from Sterne Kessler associates provided to Vault in the 2023 survey:
- “I have an active US and international prosecution docket, as well as a substantial litigation practice. I have been encouraged to learn and try just about anything, under an appropriate level of supervision.”
- “In general, the work atmosphere and interactions among lawyers and staff are very pleasant and respectful. There are many opportunities to socialize at internal events and after hours and the firm works hard to foster personal interactions, mentoring, and get-togethers.”
- “I believe that the relationship between partners and associates is built on respect. It is easy for those who have been in the field to forget what it was like to be a new and young associate but many do remember and take that into account when teaching younger associates. And when they do not remember, the communication channel is open for the younger associates to ask questions and slow down the lessons to make sure they are understanding the work.”
- “I have had to opportunity to work on a variety of matters in different practice areas and technologies within patent prosecution which I really appreciate. It has given me the opportunity to explore the type of work I am most interested in and develop a solid base of knowledge. The large majority of my work is substantive and appropriate for my level.”
- “They will give me anything I feel I'm up to and will encourage me to step out of my comfort zone. I've grown tremendously after lateraling here.”
- “We look for people who work hard and are committed to IP. We also look for people who are committed to DEI not just at the firm but in the field. In other words, we want good people who care about the work they do and the people/place they work with/at.”
Learn more about Vault’s “Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For” rankings and methodology here. View Sterne Kessler’s firm profile on the Vault website here. Learn more about career opportunities for lawyers, other IP professionals and staff on our Careers page here.
About Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 60 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.