Director Ryan C. Richardson will be speaking at the WIPR's Technology Patent Network North America virtual program. He will be moderating the panel described below:
Key Considerations for a FRAND Patent Licensing Strategy
- What should be the Appropriate Scope of the Proposed License?
- What Form should Royalty Payments Take?
- What Methodology Should be Used for Calculating FRAND Rates?
- Licensing Terms: How Should the Patented Feature be Valued in order to Balance Against the Need to Incentivize Invention?
Starting with a concise round-up of recent notable trials from key global patent jurisdictions, the conference continues with a series of presentations and keynote panel discussions, Q&A sessions, extended round table discussion groups and a networking lunch — and culminates in a closing drinks reception. Attending will enable you to address your concerns; find solutions to your challenges; stay abreast of new precedent and harness new ways to protect and exploit your innovations.
Key topics for 2020 include:
- US Focus: Assessing the Current State of Patent Eligible Subject Matter
- Europe Focus: Patenting Computer-Implemented Inventions in the Era of AI
- Patenting Artificial Intelligence: Use of Patents or Trade Secrets?
- Best Practice for In-House IP Counsel: Invention Harvesting
- Key Developments in Global Standards Essential Patents Litigation
- Autonomous Vehicles and Detectability of AI Innovations
- Patenting Machine Learning Technologies