Zhichun Zhang, Ph.D.
1101 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Zhichun Zhang, Ph.D., is a student associate in Sterne Kessler’s Electronics Practice Group. Zhichun assists in preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications. His technical areas of expertise include semiconductor material/device fabrication, characterization and analysis, advanced semiconductor process and product development, analog and digital circuits, optics, nanotechnology, microelectronics, Ultra-High Vacuum (UHV) and cryogenic systems.
Zhichun received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from The Ohio State University. His graduate research focused on the characterization and analysis of the process dependence of defects and dopants in wide bandgap semiconductor materials and devices using multiple nanoscale and depth-resolved characterization techniques to develop manufacturing-worthy process and products.
Prior to joining Sterne Kessler, Zhichun worked on characterization and failure analysis of advanced 14nm FinFET process development as an advisory engineer/scientist for three years with a leading global semiconductor research company, which was acquired by a leading semiconductor foundry. Zhichun continued working on leading-edge 7nm FinFET yield issues and process/product development as a technical staff member for two years after the acquisition.
- F. Stevie, C. Zhou, M. Hopstaken, M. Saccomanno, Z. Zhang, Z. Zhu, A. Turansky, “SIMS Measurement of Hydrogen and Deuterium Detection Limits in Silicon: Comparison of Different SIMS Instrumentation”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 34, 03H103 (2016)
- Evan J. Katz, Chung-Han Lin, Jie Qiu, Zhichun Zhang, Umesh K. Mishra, Lei Cao, and Leonard J. Brillson, “Neutron Irradiation Effects on metal-gallium nitride contacts”, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 123705 (2014).
- Chung-Han Lin, Evan J. Katz, Jie Qiu, Zhichun Zhang, Umesh K. Mishra, Lei Cao, and Leonard J. Brillson, “Neutron Irradiation Effects on Gallium Nitride-Based Schottky Diodes”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 162106 (2013).
- Zhichun Zhang, V. Quemener, C.-H. Lin, B. G. Svensson, L. J. Brillson, “Characterization of polishing induced defects and HF passivation effect in ZnO”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 072107 (2013).
- L. J. Brillson, Z. Zhang, D. R. Doutt, D. C. Look, B. G. Svensson, A. Yu. Kuznetsov, F. Tuomisto, “Interplay of dopants and native point defects in ZnO”, Phys. Status Solidi B, 1-4 (2013).
- Z. Zhang, D. C. Look, R. Schifano, K. M. Johansen, B. G. Svensson and L. J. Brillson, “Process dependence of H passivation and doping in H implanted ZnO”, J. Phys D: Appl. Phys. 46, 055107 (2013).
- Z. Zhang, K. E. Knutsen, T. Merz, A. Yu. Kuznetsov, B. G. Svensson, L. J. Brillson, “Control of Li configuration and electrical properties of Li-doped ZnO”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 45, 375301 (2012).
- Z. Zhang, K. E. Knutsen, T. Merz, A. Yu. Kuznetsov, B. G. Svensson, L. J. Brillson, “Thermal process dependence of Li configuration and electrical properties of Li-doped ZnO”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 042107 (2012).
- E. J. Katz, Z. Zhang, H. L. Hughes, K. B. Chung, G. Lucovsky, and L. J. Brillson, “Nanoscale Depth-Resolved Electronic Properties of SiO2/SiOx/SiO2 Gate Dielectrics for Device-Tolerant Electronics”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 29, 011027 (2011).
- E.J. Katz, Z. Zhang, H.L. Hughes, K.-B. Chung, G. Lucovsky, L.J. Brillson, “Depth-Resolved Electronic Properties of SiO2/SiOx/SiO2 Field Oxide for Radiation-Tolerant Electronics,” 2009 International Semiconductor Device Research Symposium (ISDRS), Dec 10, 2009.