Wenhao Xiong, Ph.D. is a student associate in Sterne Kessler’s Electronics group, where he assists in the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications, and aids in drafting invalidity and non-infringement opinions. His technical areas of expertise include wireless communications, digital signal processing, radio frequency systems and devices, computer networking, software, analog/digital circuits, and machine learning.
Prior to joining Sterne Kessler, Wenhao was a senior research scientist in an advanced research company. In this role, Wenhao performed research and development in numerous technologies, including wireless communication systems, 5G and LTE standards, cross layer protocols, and software defined radio testbeds. Wenhao’s work led to multiple successful research grants and projects.
In addition to having over eight years of research and industry experience, Wenhao has co-authored over 25 journal and flagship conference papers. He has also served as technical program chair and session chair for multiple IEEE and SPIE conferences.
Wenhao received his Ph.D. and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from Wichita State University. His doctoral research focused on multi-user MIMO cognitive radio communication. Wenhao received his bachelor's degree in electrical engineering in China.
- Wenhao Xiong, Jingyang Lu, Xin Tian, Genshe Chen, Khanh Pham, Erik Blasch, “Cognitive radio testbed for Digital Beamforming of satellite communication,” 2017 Cognitive Communications for Aerospace Applications Workshop (CCAA), Jun 27, 2017
- Wenhao Xiong, Xin Tian, Genshe Chen, Khanh Pham, Erik Blasch, “An adaptive software defined radio design based on a standard space telecommunication radio system API,” 2017 SPIE Sensors and Systems for Space Applications X, May 05, 2017
- Wenhao Xiong, Zijian Mo, Genshe Chen, Hang Liu, Khanh Pham, Erik Blasch, “Distributed coherent MIMO system with advanced CDMA channel estimation,” 2017 IEEE Aerospace Conference, Mar 4, 2017
- Wenhao Xiong, Zijian Mo, Genshe Chen, Khanh Pham, Erik Blasch, Hyuck Kwon, “Agile MU-MIMO in congested environments with robust channel estimation,” 2016 IEEE Military Communications Conference, Nov 1, 2016
- Wenhao Xiong, Gang Wang, Xin Tian, Khanh Pham, Erik Blasch, Genshe Chen, “Hybrid onboard and ground based digital channelizer beam-forming for SATCOM interference mitigation and protection,” 2016 SPIE Sensors and Systems for Space Applications IX, May 13, 2016
- Wenhao Xiong, Amitav Mukherjee, Hyuck M Kwon, “MIMO cognitive radio user selection with and without primary channel state information,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol 65, pp. 985-991, Feb 2016.
- Wenhao Xiong, Lun Li, Xin Tian, Khanh Pham, Erik Blasch, Genshe Chen, Gang Wang, Dan Shen, “SDR-based Adaptive Waveform Tool with Efficient Channel Estimation for SATCOM Systems,” 34th AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference, 2016
- Wenhao Xiong, Amitav Mukherjee, Hyuck M Kwon, “Underlay MIMO cognitive radio downlink scheduling with multiple primary users and no CSI,” 2015 IEEE 81st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), May 11, 2015
- Wenhao Xiong, Yazan Ibdah, Kanghee Lee, “A regenerative decode-and-forward wireless network with multihop relays under channel uncertainty,” 2011 UKSim 5th European Symposium on Computer Modeling and Simulation, Nov 16, 2011
- Wenhao Xiong, Hyuck M Kwon, Yazan Ibdah, Kanghee Lee, Zuojun Wang, “Amplifying matrix design for noncooperative SIMO relay networks under channel uncertainty,” ICTC 2011, Sep 28, 2011
- Wenhao Xiong, Hyuck M Kwon, Yazan Ibdah, Kanghee Lee, Yu Bi, “Effects of node geometry on cooperative distributed AF wireless relay network,” ICTC 2011, Sep 28, 2011
- Golden Key International Honour Society