Washington D.C. (June 12, 2019) - Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to be recognized in Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine’s 2019 “IAM Patent 1000 – the World’s Leading Patent Professionals,” a publication dedicated to recognizing leaders in the area of private patent practice around the world. For the eighth consecutive year, Sterne Kessler is ranked as “highly recommended” in the categories of transactions and prosecution, while adding litigation to its rankings for the second year.
Fourteen Sterne Kessler directors have been ranked by the IAM 1000 research team to be among the most distinguished IP attorneys in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Four directors were also ranked for excellence on the IAM 1000’s “United States: National” list. Further, in addition to the IAM 1000, Robert Greene Sterne has been named, for the tenth consecutive year, among the “IAM Strategy 300,” a prestigious ranking of individuals who specialize in developing and rolling out world-class IP value creation programs.
As reported by IAM editorial team, “Prosecution continues to be the bedrock of Sterne Kessler’s noble patent service – the trappings that come with its increasingly potent litigation and appellate practice and excellent post-grant offering haven’t prompted a course correction as has been seen with others.” The editors go further to note, “Sterne Kessler is famous for its post-grant expertise.” And, “The firm is also increasingly known for its Federal Circuit prowess, not just in relation to post-grant cases, but also district court and ITC litigation.”
The 14 firm directors recognized by IAM in the Washington, D.C. Metro area and national rankings include:
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D. (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin (DC Highly Recommended - prosecution, Silver Band – litigation; National: Highly Recommended – design patents)
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D. (DC Silver Band – litigation; National: Highly recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Donald J. Featherstone (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Michael E. Joffre, Ph.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Michael Q. Lee (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Highly Recommended – transactions)
- Michael B. Ray (DC Recommended – transactions)
- John Christopher “J.C.” Rozendaal (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Robert E. Sokohl (DC Bronze – litigation, Recommended – transactions, Recommended – prosecution)
- Eric K. Steffe (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Robert Greene Sterne (DC Silver Band – litigation, Recommended – transactions; National: Recommended – post-grant proceedings; IAM Strategy 300)
- Dennies Varghese, Pharm.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Jon E. Wright (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Daniel E. Yonan (DC Bronze Band – litigation; National: Recommended – ITC
To read the complete ranking report for Sterne Kessler, please click here.
About IAM 1000
The IAM Patent 1000 is an independent publication dedicated to highlighting individual and firm expertise across all major areas of patent law and practice. Using a robust research process performed by highly qualified analysts, IAM Patent 1000 names the top patent practitioners, as well as law and attorney firms, annually in 46 of the world's most important jurisdictions and 18 states in the U.S.
About Sterne Kessler
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne Kessler is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 50 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.