Washington, D.C. (June 29, 2021) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is pleased to announce that the firm received positive reviews from both firm associates and the publication editors in the 2021 edition of Chambers Associate. This highly-regarded legal recruiting guide sources its content from in-depth phone interviews with thousands of junior associates who provide feedback on law firm workplaces with ratings in a wide array of topics, such as day-to-day work, diversity, culture, and more.
The editors of Chambers Associate introduce the firm with this complimentary note: “The uber brainy bunch at Sterne Kessler meld their technical know-how with their love of law.” Following are highlights from the firm’s profile, including quotes from associates about several aspects of life at Sterne Kessler.
- Associates enjoy the amount of responsibility they hold, with one commenting that they reach a level of independence “very early on.”
- One associate appreciates the global perspective offered by patent prosecution work, noting “Lots of the patents we handle are filed in China and Europe, so we’ll develop the US strategy then work with foreign associates to make sure it’s aligned across the globe. I like getting to see different views of the law!”
- Junior associates in the Trial & Appellate Practice Group have opportunities to gain formative litigation experience and “jump on substantive parts of the proceedings,” stated one associate.
Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion
- “There’s a lot of appreciation for the variety of backgrounds people bring, which affects how people interact – I have friends at all levels of the firm,” said one associate about the range of employees’ career experiences, particularly in science.
- Regarding how the firm values its employees, one associate remarked “I sound like a dork, but it really feels like a family. Everyone cares about each other.”
- Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and transition to remote working, associates felt supported by firm leadership, professional development advisors, and the IT department. Associates also appreciated the transparency concerning the state of the firm, with one saying “They told us how things were going every step of the way, which did a heck of a lot for my peace of mind!”
- “Sterne Kessler takes its numbers seriously,” said associates regarding diverse recruitment, as well as “the firm’s addressed issues like which pronouns to use.” The editors also mention a selection of the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts, including racial justice lectures and affinity groups.
- Associates feel comfortable sharing questions and thoughts with their assigned associate buddies and director mentors. “Directors often show concern for me as a person. I’ve had offers from other firms which pay more but I just don’t want to leave Sterne Kessler,” said one associate.
- Minority associates forge connections with attorneys of similar backgrounds through an additional formal pairing, with one associate commenting that “you get their perspective on what it was like for them to move through the industry.”
Sterne Kessler’s full profile in Chambers Associate is available here. The full guide can be accessed here. More information about the firm’s summer associate program and lateral opportunities at the firm is available here. Interested candidates are also encouraged to contact Legal Recruiting Manager Rob Hashimoto at email@example.com.
About Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox
Based in Washington, D.C. and renowned for more than four decades for dedication to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is one of the most highly regarded intellectual property specialty law firms in the world. Its team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of IP law tackling innovations across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s practitioners hold over 50 masters and over 50 doctorate degrees in science or engineering and represent Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors, venture capital firms, and universities in a client service driven environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating. Visit the firm online at sternekessler.com.