WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 7, 2017) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. is pleased to announce that five of its directors were ranked among the “leading IP practitioners in the world” by the World Intellectual Property Review (WIPR) in their annual "WIPR Leaders" publication.
The following directors have been named 2017 “WIPR Leaders”:
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin, leader of the Mechanical and Design Patent Group, was recognized as being “sought by leading consumer product companies, and by colleagues around the world” for her “deep understanding” of design rights and trademarks.
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D., co-chair of the firm’s Patent Office Litigation Practice, was recognized for her experience in inter partes patent matters, evaluating patent portfolios, and patent prosecution practices. Further, the editors highlighted her for her frequent lectures and publications on topics such as the America Invents Act and patent litigation.
- Lori A. Gordon, a director in both the Litigation and Electronics practice groups, was recognized for her experience in inter partes patent matters and handling reexamination proceedings in a wide variety of technical fields.
- Robert Greene Sterne, a founding director at Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox, was highlighted for his global patent protection and enforcement practices. Further, the editors noted his Supreme Court experience and position as editor-in-chief of the two-volume handbook, “Patent Office Litigation.”
- Monica Riva Talley, leader of the Trademark, Advertising, and Anti-Counterfeiting Practice, was highlighted for her “significant expertise” in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the US Patent and Trademark Office. Further, she was recognized for her counseling, development of anti-counterfeiting solutions, and trademark enforcement.
The "WIPR Leaders" is a guide dedicated to identifying the world’s leading lawyers in both the patent and trademarks section. This annual roster is based on nominations from 12,000 IP professionals, in conjunction with information gathered from an extensive research process. The WIPR research team reviewed every nominated lawyer for suitability by exploring their work, including practice history, industry expertise, notable cases and additional writing and teaching responsibilities.
To view the full "2017 WIPR Leaders" directory, including individual profiles, please click here.
About Sterne Kessler
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, D.C., Sterne Kessler is dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced level degree, including over 50 with masters degrees and more than 55 with a doctorate in science or engineering -- credentials wide and deep enough to fill the faculty of a science-oriented university.