Washington, D.C. (July 12, 2022) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is pleased to announce that the firm and 17 directors have been ranked in several patent litigation and prosecution categories in the 2022 IAM Patent 1000 guide. The IAM Patent 1000 is an annual publication that identifies “world-class, private practice patent expertise and leading expert witnesses in the US” as noted by the editors.
For the eleventh consecutive year, Sterne Kessler earned a “highly recommended” ranking in the categories of prosecution and transactions for the Washington, D.C. Metro Area. The firm is also ranked regionally for litigation and nationally for post-grant proceedings and prosecution.
The IAM Patent 1000 editors highly commended the firm’s litigation practice, stating that “Sterne Kessler is scarcely rivalled in its ability to combine strong PTAB defences and litigation offensives to bring about positive outcomes for its clients.” Regarding patent prosecution, Sterne Kessler is praised for “exceptionally strong foundational patent skills” and a “market-leading design patent practice” among other achievements. Successes for clients featured in the firm’s profile span the life sciences, electronics, and consumer goods industries, including litigation and prosecution victories for companies such as Teva Pharmaceuticals, BTL, Roku, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, and Apple. The profile also highlights the firm’s ongoing work for the Regents of the University of California, the University of Vienna and Emmanuelle Charpentier’s (CVC) Nobel Prize–winning CRISPR technology.
In addition to the firm’s rankings, 17 Sterne Kessler directors have been recognized for excellence in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area, with four of those attorneys also earning national recognition. The 17 ranked directors include:
- Richard D. Coller III (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin (DC Highly Recommended - prosecution, Silver Band – litigation; National: Recommended – design patents)
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation; National: Highly recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Donald J. Featherstone (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D. (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Michael Joffre, Ph.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Carla Ji-Eun Kim (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Michael Q. Lee (DC Highly Recommended – prosecution, Recommended – transactions)
- Michael B. Ray (DC Recommended – transactions)
- John Christopher “J.C.” Rozendaal (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Robert E. Sokohl (DC Bronze Band– litigation, Recommended – transactions, Recommended – prosecution)
- Eric K. Steffe (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Deborah Sterling, Ph.D. (DC Recommended – prosecution)
- Robert Greene Sterne (DC Silver Band – litigation, Recommended – transactions; National: Recommended – post-grant proceedings)
- Dennies Varughese, Pharm.D. (DC Bronze Band – litigation)
- Jon E. Wright (DC Silver Band – litigation)
- Daniel E. Yonan (DC Silver Band – litigation; National: Recommended – ITC)