WASHINGTON, DC (May, 18, 2018) - Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is pleased to announce that Managing Intellectual Property has once again ranked the firm and eight of its attorneys among the best intellectual property firms and practitioners worldwide in its 2018 edition of the "IP Stars" guide. This marks the fifth consecutive year that the firm has been ranked by the publication for its excellence in intellectual property law.
Sterne Kessler ranked nationally in "Tier 1" for its patent prosecution and patent office litigation work and earned a "highly recommended" distinction in the District of Columbia for patent contentious and prosecution efforts.
The firm’s complete results include:
- Patent Prosecution – Tier 1
- PTAB Litigation – Tier 1
- Life Sciences – Tier 2
- ITC Litigation – Notable Firm
- Trademark Prosecution – Notable Firm
District of Columbia Rankings
- Patent Contentious – Highly Recommended
- Patent Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Trademark Prosecution – Highly Recommended
Accompanying the firm's distinctions, the following directors have been named 2018 "IP Stars:"
- Tracy Gene G. Durkin, chair of the Mechanical & Design Patent Practice Group, is recognized as a "Trademark" and "Patent Star."
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D., director in the Biotechnology & Chemical and Trial & Appellate Practice Groups, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Michael Q. Lee, director in the Electronics Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Michael B. Ray, managing director of Sterne Kessler and member of the Electronics Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Robert Greene Sterne, founding director of Sterne Kessler, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Monica Riva Talley, chair of the Trademark & Brand Protection Practice Group, is recognized as a "Trademark Star."
- Jon E. Wright, director in the Trial & Appellate and Electronics Practice Groups, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
- Daniel E. Yonan, director in the Trial & Appellate Practice Group, is recognized as a "Patent Star."
These recognitions come directly on the heels of Tracy Durkin, Eldora Ellison and Monica Talley receiving top honors from Managing Intellectual Property as three of the "Top 250 Women in IP," a list which distinguishes the most accomplished female intellectual property practitioners around the world. It is also the third year in a row these Sterne Kessler directors have been included in the prestigious rankings.
About IP Stars
Research for Managing Intellectual Property annual "IP Stars" list covers contentious and non-contentious IP work and is carried out over a six-month period by an experienced team of research analysts and journalists who interview IP practitioners and their clients and assess information gathered through a comprehensive online survey. The results are based on a weighted system of peer and client feedback, combined with submissions analysis and independent research. The full "IP Stars" rankings are available on the Managing Intellectual Property website, here.
About Sterne Kessler
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, DC, Sterne Kessler is dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced level degree, including nearly 50 masters degrees and 50+ with a doctorate in science or engineering -- credentials wide and deep enough to fill the faculty of a science-oriented university.