Director Ryan C. Richardson presented the latest thinking on Standard Essential Patent (SEP) licensing and litigation at the Technology Patent Network NORTH AMERICA Conference on February 21, 2019, in San Francisco, California. Ryan’s presentation, “Ins & Outs of Standard Essential Patent (SEP) Licensing and Litigation,” addressed some of the most pressing issues relating to SEPs, including:
- SEP Patent considerations for the fourth industrial revolution
- Considerations when approached to license an SEP portfolio
- What to look for in an SEP license
- What does FRAND really mean?
- Building an SEP patent portfolio and its importance
- Unique aspects and strategy considerations when litigating SEP patents
Click below to download the presentation slides. Conference details are available here.