Directors Daniel E. Yonan, Uma N. Everett, and Josephine Kim presented the webinar "Strategic Use of the ITC as a Complainant."
During the webinar, our presenters discussed the advantages of the ITC as part of an enforcement strategy (e.g., availability of injunctive relief), including nuances unique to litigating in this venue. Key takeaways included:
- How practice at the ITC differs from District Court;
- How to prepare your domestic industry case (i.e., how large of an economic domestic industry case do we need?);
- Strategies for companies that do not manufacture products;
- How to gather importation evidence; and
- How to ensure enforcement of the Commission’s exclusion order.