The Technology Patent Network NORTH AMERICA will be held February 21, 2019, in San Francisco, California. Director Ryan C. Richardson will host a number of roundtable discussions, and will give a presentation relating to the “Ins & Outs of Standard Essential Patent (SEP) Licensing and Litigation.
The changing global patent landscape, combined with unceasing advances in technological innovation, means that there have rarely been more exciting times to be responsible for protecting and exploiting tech patents. The explosion in innovation has resulted in a tech patent sector which now provokes many more questions than answers. The San Francisco conference will take a broad global view of the patent protection landscape and then delve deeper into the topics of specific current interest.
- SEP Patent considerations for the fourth industrial revolution
- Considerations when approached to license an SEP portfolio
- What to look for in an SEP license
- What does FRAND really mean?
- Building an SEP patent portfolio and its importance
- Unique aspects and strategy considerations when litigating SEP patents