Director Deborah Sterling, Ph.D., will moderate the panel "Successfully Claiming Antibody Patents in Europe and the U.S.: Incorporating Takeaways From the Latest Case Law Into Your Prosecution Strategy" at C5’s 16th Annual Forum on Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation in Europe on May 24, 2023 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Spring 2023 marks the beginning of a new patent era for Europe – the UP will go into effect and UPC will be open for business. Join us in Amsterdam on 23–24 May and obtain up-to-the-minute information and strategic insights on utilizing this new patent system and optimizing your IP.
Drafting antibody claims is a complex endeavor, and questions surrounding which claims are patentable in Europe and the U.S. remain increasingly difficult to navigate. This panel will offer solutions for successful patenting strategies and global commercialization. Points of discussion include:
- Tactical tools for claiming antibodies in view of developing case law in Europe and the U.S.
- Understanding different patent office interpretations of antibody claims
- Drafting claims to secure protection across different jurisdictions
- Examining how Amgen v Sanofi (U.S. Fed. Cir. 2021) has impacted the enablement bar for antibody patents
- Assessing the recent EPO Board of Appeal decision maintaining a functional epitope antibody genus claim (T 1964/18)