Directors Daniel E. Yonan, Uma N. Everett, and Josephine Kim presented the webinar "Strategic Use of the ITC as a Complainant" on Wednesday, September 13, 2023, at 1:00 PM (EDT).
During the webinar, our presenters discussed the advantages of the ITC as part of an enforcement strategy (e.g., availability of injunctive relief), including nuances unique to litigating in this venue. Key takeaways included:
- How practice at the ITC differs from District Court;
- How to prepare your domestic industry case (i.e., how large of an economic domestic industry case do we need?);
- Strategies for companies that do not manufacture products;
- How to gather importation evidence; and
- How to ensure enforcement of the Commission’s exclusion order.
This webinar is the second in our five-part series Navigating the Intricacies of 337 Litigation at the International Trade Commission. Look out for invitations to future sessions on the following topics:
- Redesign and Remedy at the ITC
- Trade Secrets at the ITC
- 2023 ITC Year in Review
Please note we will apply for CLE credit for each webinar. Attendees will receive an evaluation form to provide their state and bar # information at the conclusion of each webinar.