Director Chandrika Vira will be speaking at CenterForce's Women, Diversity & Change Virtual Summit: Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, September 23, 2020. Her panel, "Redefining Success in the Age of COVID-19: The Bridge to the New Normal," will occur from 1:35 p.m. - 2:25 p.m. EDT.
Women often do not apply for a job or a promotion if they don’t check every box, whereas men regularly seek jobs for which they are only partially qualified. The challenge can be even more daunting when considering a dream job or career choice that is not part of the normal trajectory. While the virus has pushed us out of our comfort zones, it has also presented a unique opportunity to explore our options. Pursuing these options (whether it be a raise, a promotion or a nontraditional path) requires the confidence courage to see your own potential in order to go after what is important to you.
This panel will explore:
- Letting go of the past and finding new ways of adapting to the changes ahead
- Getting clear with what you really want and making the current climate work for you
- The ASK: Asking for what you want and knowing why you deserve
- The role of sponsors, mentors and allies in getting us closer to our goals
- How best to advocate for ourselves and others