Director Robert Greene Sterne will be co-hosting a 1 hour debrief on the evolving PTAB practices.
With the fall out of SAS Institute sweeping more claims into Patent Trial & Appeal Board (PTAB) proceedings than ever before, it is mission critical for Patent Owners to stay abreast of evolving AIA trial practices. These practices will evolve significantly over the next few months as the PTAB moves to a Phillips claim construction, the agency adapts to a number of noteworthy Federal Circuit decisions, and the agency proposes further expected changes to established trial practices.
Hot topic issues explored during this program will include:
- Impact of the new practice guide changes and what they mean for Patent Owners
- Impact of the switch to the Phillips claim construction practices
- What has SAS Institute done for petitioners?
- What has changed in RPI/Privy disputes?
- Will amending get easier?
- What other changes are expected in the months ahead?
- Is legislation likely?