Danny Yonan, Director and head of the firm’s ITC practice, and Directors Uma Everett and Paul Ainsworth presented the webinar "Minimizing Your Risk of Being Sued Before the USITC" on Wednesday, July 19, 2023, at 1:00 PM (EDT).
During the webinar, our presenters covered the following topics:
- An overview of the ITC and how it differs from other forums for litigation;
- Ways to minimize the risk of being sued at the ITC when your product is manufactured overseas and imported in the U.S.;
- How the location of the manufacturing and assembly process affects the risk of being sued at the ITC;
- How to redesign your product to avoid liability at the ITC; and
- Strategies to narrow the scope of the remedy
This webinar is the first in our five-part series Navigating the Intricacies of 337 Litigation at the International Trade Commission. Look out for invitations to future sessions on the following topics:
- Best Practices of Being a Complainant at the ITC
- Redesign and Remedy at the ITC
- Trade Secrets at the ITC
- 2023 ITC Year in Review
Please note we will be applying for CLE credit for each of these webinars. Attendees will receive an evaluation form to provide their state and bar # information at the conclusion of each webinar.