Director Tracy-Gene G. Durkin will be speaking in the webinar "International Design Patent Protection: Developing a Global IP Strategy" hosted by Strafford. This CLE webinar will guide patent counsel on protecting design patents in the global marketplace. The panel will discuss the critical differences between the patent laws in the U.S. and other jurisdictions and will offer best practices for U.S. companies and counsel to develop a global intellectual property (IP) strategy.
- Protecting designs in the global marketplace
- Determining whether and when to seek protection
- Determining where a design can and should be protected
- Timing for filing for protection
- Limitations on design rights
- Compare/contrast U.S. design patent law with other jurisdictions and efforts being made to harmonize processes and procedures
- Hague Agreement
- Global enforcement of design rights
- Practical guidance for establishing a global design strategy
What You’ll Learn in This Webinar
- What are the considerations for patent counsel drafting U.S. applications when global patent protection is anticipated or desired?
- What are the significant differences between the U.S. and other jurisdictions' approaches to design patent applications?
- What steps should counsel take when drafting U.S. design patent applications to maximize protection around the world?