Director Tracy Durkin will moderate the panel "Industrial Design Protection: A Comparative Look at the Standards for Eligibility" at the 2023 INTA Leadership Meeting. Tracy's session will occur on Friday, November 17, 2023, at 2:30 PM.
As with formal requirements such as written descriptions and drawings, the criteria for eligibility for the protection of an industrial design are equally un-harmonized. This session will compare the eligibility standards for the protection of an industrial design in various key jurisdictions around the globe (the USA, EU, Japan, Brazil, and India).
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin, Director, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox PLLC (USA)
- Ashwani Balayan, Partner, ALG India Law Offices LLP (India)
- José Carlos e Dias, Senior Partner, Vaz e Dias Advogados & Associados (Brazil)
- Katja Middelhoff, Counsel, CMS (Germany)
- Richard Stockton, Partner, Banner & Witcoff (USA)