Director Ryan C. Richardson will moderate the panel "How SEPs and FRAND Licensing are Changing the Auto Ecosystem" at Auto IP USA, hosted by IAM in Detroit, MI. His panel will occur on Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 11:20 a.m. EDT.
As the auto industry becomes more reliant on 5G and IoT, traditionally vertical licensing structures must adapt to accommodate relationships with companies across telecoms, software and AI, as well as the usual OEMs and tiered suppliers.
- Best practice in SEP licensing and FRAND negotiations.
- Patent pools for the auto industry.
- Debunking myths surrounding relationships between patent owners and implementers.
- Unpicking the complex licensing supply chain.
- Update on the FRAND litigation landscape and the potential wider impact.