Director Robert Greene Sterne will speak on the "Guidelines for the Efficient Resolution of Disputes before the Forthcoming Unified Patent Court" panel at the 2023 Sedona Conference on Global Intellectual Property Litigation in London, England, on Monday, January 9, 2023. The panel will begin at 8:45 a.m. GMT.
As markets and technologies grow increasingly interconnected around the world, IP litigants, both plaintiffs and defendants, are reorienting their litigation strategies to reflect global realities. At the same time, changes in the legal landscape in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, are giving rise to both new risks of and new opportunities for IP litigation. Rapidly evolving case law, new guidelines from national competition authorities and other institutions, and legislative initiatives constantly shape and re-shape the ever more complex framework for both plaintiffs and defendants.
In addressing the new challenges in Global IP Litigation, the Conference will be informed by the following Sedona Conference Working Group 9, 10, & 12 non-partisan, consensus commentaries:
- WG9 Framework for Analysis of Standard-Essential Patent (SEP) and Fair, Reasonable, and Non-Discriminatory (FRAND) Issues – US and Global Editions
- WG10 Guidelines for the Efficient Resolution of Disputes before the Forthcoming Unified Patent Court
- WG10 Framework for Analysis of Strategic and Tactical Considerations in Selecting Venues for International Patent Enforcement
- WG10 ITC Section 337 Investigations
- WG10/12 Commentary on Cross-Border Discovery in U.S. Patent and Trade Secret Cases
- WG12 Framework for Analysis on Trade Secret Issues Across International Borders: Extraterritorial Reach