Directors Jon E. Wright, Michael Joffre, Ph.D., and William H. Milliken will moderate the boardroom session "An Expert Guide to Appeals: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit," hosted by IAM. The boardroom will occur on Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
All registrations will be waitlisted pending approval.
Given that appellate results strongly favor appellees, IAM invites you to explore decisions from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in 2021. Along with the facilitators, you will examine how potential points for appeal are identified and tracked throughout litigation in the U.S. district courts, at the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
The boardroom is a 60-minute virtual discussion held on Zoom under Chatham House Rules. The session is open to a maximum of 10 participants to create an interactive, accessible environment.
Why should you participate?
- To explore recent U.S. case law and trends in decisions coming from the Federal Circuit
- To identify the opportunities and obstacles of appeals and understand how to both utilize and overcome these
- To gain a greater understanding of the importance of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Among the topics that may be discussed:
- A mix of U.S. Federal Circuit cases covering a wide range of topics
- Notable changes to the origins of appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court cases Arthrex and Minerva Surgical
- Developments in PTAB/Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) decisions
Who should attend (not limited to):
- In-house counsel, C-Suite executives, all industries across the U.S. and Europe.
- Companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 and universities and individual innovators.