The firm first launched the Patent Prosecution Tool Kit in 2015 in response to requests from our clients to provide quick-reference summaries about how to prosecute patents following the American Invents Act.
This year, we are providing a comprehensive update to the Tool Kit in order to include new information on patent prosecution basics (e.g., subject matter eligibility, § 1.130 and § 1.132 declarations), along with important information on new topics in patent prosecution (e.g., Patent Fast Track Examination and Biosimilars).
The latest edition of our Patent Prosecution Tool Kit highlights just some of the aspects of patent prosecution that Sterne Kessler's professionals are following.
You may view the report sections via the individual links below and/or download the full Tool Kit by clicking the "Download PDF" button.
- Capturing After-Discovered Embodiments in Biotech Patents By Careful Prosecution
- Patenting The Product Label
- Implications of the BPCIA on the IP Strategies of Brand Companies and Biosimilar Developers
- Summary of Subject Mater Eligibility: Biotech/Pharma Inventions
- Update on Patent Subject Matter Eligibility and Abstract Ideas
- Information Disclosure: Avoiding Common Pitfalls
- Fast Track Patent Examination
- The Changing Face of Non-Obviousness
- Invoking an AIA Exception to Prior Art, 1.130 Declarations
- 1.132 Declarations For Traversing Rejections
- Obviousness-Type Double Patenting
- Patent Term Adjustment
- Patent Term Extension
- Federally Funded Inventions and Compliance with the Bayh-Dole Act
- When to Obtain Foreign Filing and Export Licenses
- Global Design Patent Guide
- Medical Device Considerations