Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to announce the publication of 2021 Design Patents Year in Review: Analysis and Trends. This inaugural report provides case summaries and analysis of significant design patent updates and trends from 2021 and offers takeaways for the future.
Authors discuss significant design patent litigation across several jurisdictions: the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB); US District Courts; the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; and the US International Trade Commission (USITC). The report also explores important developments in international design law and the implications they have for IP holders and practitioners. The full publication and individual articles are available on the firm’s website here in HTML and PDF formats.
The firm's 2021 Design Patents Year in Review webinar, presented by Directors Tracy-Gene G. Durkin, Ivy Clarice Estoesta, Daniel A. Gajewski, and Deirdre M. Wells on March 1, 2022, can be viewed on demand here.
You may view report content via the links below and/or download the full report by clicking the "Download PDF" button below.
Table of Contents
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board: Design Patents Continue to Escape Challenges
- US District Courts: No Slowdown in Filings
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit: Seismic Shifts in §102 and §103
- US International Trade Commission: Design Patents Outperform on Obtaining GEOs
- International Design Law Continues to Evolve
The on-demand webinar is available here.