Olga A. Partington, Ph.D., is an associate in Sterne Kessler's Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group. Olga has substantial experience in inter partes review proceedings. In addition, she has been involved in several other contested proceedings before the USPTO, such as inter partes re-examinations and interferences.
Olga also has extensive experience in drafting patentability, infringement, and validity opinions, and in working with technical experts. She also has experience in assisting clients in designing around patents, and has been involved in pharmaceutical patent litigations brought under the Hatch-Waxman Act. Her practice also includes domestic and foreign patent prosecution, particularly chemical patents. She also has experience in counseling clients on patentability strategies.
Olga gained extensive technical experience in the areas of nucleic acid chemistry, organic, bioinorganic, and biological chemistry, enzymology, and spectroscopy in the laboratories of Dr. Sheila David and Nobel Prize laureate Dr. Paul Modrich. She earned her J.D. from The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, her Ph.D. and her B.S. in chemistry from the University of Utah.
- Engstrom LM, Partington OA, David SS. Biochemistry.2012 Jun 26;51(25):5187-97. Epub 2012 Jun 12. "An Iron-Sulfur Cluster Loop Motif in the Archaeoglobus fulgidus Uracil-DNA Glycosylase Mediates Efficient Uracil Recognition and Removal."
- Pluciennik A, Burdett V, Lukianova O, O'Donnell M, Modrich P. J Biol Chem. 2009 Nov 20;284(47):32782-91. Epub 2009 Sep 25. "Involvement of the beta clamp in methyl-directed mismatch repair in vitro."
- Kadyrov FA, Holmes SF, Arana ME, Lukianova OA, O'Donnell M, Kunkel TA, Modrich P. J Biol Chem. 2007 Dec 21;282(51):37181-90. Epub 2007 Oct 19."Saccharomyces cerevisiae MutLalpha is a mismatch repair endonuclease."
- Boal, A.K., Yavin, E., Lukianova, O.A., O’Shea, V.L., David, S.S., Barton, J.K., “DNA- Bound Redox Activity of DNA Repair Glycosylases Containing [4Fe-4S] Clusters” (2005) Biochemistry, 44(23); 8397- 8407
- Lukianova, O.A., David, S.S., “A Role for [4Fe- 4S] Clusters in DNA Repair”, (2005) Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol.,9(2); 145-151.
- Chepanoske, C. L., Lukianova, O. A., Lombard, M., Golinelli-Cohen, M.-P., and David, S. S., "A Residue in MutY Important for Catalysis Identified by Photocross- Linking and Mass Spectrometry" (2004) Biochemistry, 43(3); 651-662
- American Chemical Society