Hao Yin is an associate in Sterne Kessler’s Biotechnology & Chemical Practice Group. His practice involves the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications in the fields of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, polymers, household care products, and food and beverages. He also assists with practice opinions and counseling, and due diligence.
Prior to joining the firm, Hao worked at GlaxoSmithKline as a synthetic chemist for more than ten years. During this period, he worked on a variety of projects, including macrolide antibiotics, antibacterial drugs, oligonucleotides, and drugs for neuropathic pains. He was awarded the Exceptional Science Award for his contribution in designing and optimizing a new synthetic route for manufacturing a drug candidate. He also collaborated with the drug discovery group on DNA-encoded chemical library synthesis, and discovered new on-DNA organic reactions. Hao is a co-inventor on three patent applications/patents, and a co-author on five scientific publications.
While in law school at Temple University Beasley School of Law, Hao served as a staff member for the Temple Law Review. Hao received his M.S. in organic chemistry from Iowa State University and his B.S. in chemistry from Nanjing University in Nanjing, China.
- Hao Yin, A New Formula for Analyzing Formulation-Patent Obviousness, 83 Temple Law Review 829 (2011).
- “Synthesis of Fused Dihydropyrano(furano)pyridines via [4+2]-Cycloaddition of 5-Alkenoxy Substituted Oxazoles,” Steven N. Goodman, Douglas M. Mans, Joseph Sisko, and Hao Yin, Organic Lett., 2012, 14, 1604.
- “Process for preparing pyrano - [2,3-c]pyridine derivatives,”, Joseph Sisko, Douglas Mans, Hao Yin, Patent Application, US2011/044489, 2011.
- “Target-Directed Synthesis of Antibacterial Drug Candidate GSK966587,” Eric A. Voight, Hao Yin, Susan V. Downing, Stacie A. Calad, Hayao Matsuhashi, Ilaria Giordano, Alan J. Hennessy, Richard M. Goodman, and Jeffery L. Wood, Organic Lett., 2010, 12, 3422.
- “Process for preparation of 1-(acyloxy)alkyl carbamate prodrugs,” Stephen P. Raillard, Suresh K. Manthati, Peng Liu, Qunying Dai, Hao Yin, PCT Patent Application, WO 2010017504 A1, 2010.
- “Methods of synthesizing N-hydroxysuccinimidyl carbonates,” Stephen P. Raillard, Suresh K. Manthati, Peng Liu, Qunying Dai, Hao Yin, US7,989,641, 2011.
- “Nonchromatographic Isolation of 2-Alkyl-2H-1,2,3-Triazoles in the Synthesis of NK3 Receptor Antagonists,” Huan Wang and Hao Yin, Organic Process Research & Development, 2010, 14, 474.
- “Dimerization of Ionized 4-(Methyl Mercapto)-Phenol during ESI, APCI and APPI Mass Spectrometry,” Lianming Wu, Marcos N. Eberlin, Yuri E. Corilo, David Q. Liu and Hao Yin, J. Mass Spectrometry, 2009, 44, 1389.
- “Regioselective Synthesis of 1-Alkyl-4-(3-pyridyl)-Substituted Imidazole,” Hengxu Wei, Ravinder Sudini, and Hao Yin, Organic Process Research & Development, 2004, 8, 955.