Washington, D.C. (June 7, 2018) – Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is proud to be recognized in Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine’s “IAM Patent 1000 – 2018 – the World’s Leading Patent Professionals,” a publication dedicated to recognizing leaders in the area of private patent practice around the world. For the seventh consecutive year, Sterne Kessler is ranked as “highly recommended,” in the categories of transactions and prosecution, while adding litigation to its rankings this year.
Fourteen Sterne Kessler directors have been recognized by IAM 1000 in the Washington, D.C. Metro area, an increase of two attorneys to the firm’s directors included in the 2017 edition. Four directors were included on the IAM 1000 “United States: National” list. New to the rankings are directors J.C. Rozendaal and Michael Joffre in the litigation category; both joined the firm in 2017. In addition to the IAM 1000, Robert Greene Sterne has been named among the “IAM Strategy 300,” a prestigious ranking of individuals who specialize in developing and rolling out world-class IP value creation programs.
As reported by IAM, “Sterne Kessler is at the cutting edge of patent law and practice. Outstanding contributions come from an extensive bench of thought leaders. The organisation’s incredible success and leadership in the post-grant arena are partly a product of its dual litigation and prosecution expertise. Sterne Kessler is engaged in a significant percentage of patent disputes currently before the ITC.” Further, the editors note, “Sterne Kessler attorneys and agents are carefully recruited for their technical expertise and industry experience. Most have earned an advanced technical degree (more than 55 hold a Ph.D.) and have significant industry or academic experience across a wide spectrum of technical areas, including electronics, software, biotechnology, clean technology, pharmaceuticals, chemical products and processes and consumer products. Many of the firm’s patent prosecution attorneys have previously worked as patent examiners and have unique insights into the inner workings of the USPTO.”
The 14 firm directors recognized by IAM in the Washington, D.C. Metro area rankings include:
- Jorge A. Goldstein, Ph.D. (Washington, D.C.: Highly Recommended – Prosecution; Recommended – Transactions)
- Tracy-Gene G. Durkin (National: Highly Recommended – Prosecution; Recommended – Design Patents; Washington, D.C.: Silver Band – Litigation)
- Eldora L. Ellison, Ph.D. (National: Highly Recommended – Post-Grant Proceedings; Washington, D.C.: Silver Band – Litigation)
- Donald J. Featherstone (Washington, D.C.: Recommended – Prosecution)
- Michael E. Joffre, Ph.D. (Washington, D.C.: Bronze Band – Litigation)
- Michael Q. Lee (Washington, D.C.: Highly Recommended – Transactions, Prosecution)
- Michael B. Ray (Washington, D.C.: Recommended – Transactions, Prosecution)
- John Christopher “J.C.” Rozendaal (Washington, D.C.: Bronze Band – Litigation)
- Robert E. Sokohl (Washington, D.C.: Recommended – Transactions, Prosecution; Bronze Band – Litigation)
- Eric K. Steffe (Washington, D.C.: Recommended – Prosecution)
- Robert Greene Sterne (National: Recommended – Post-Grant Proceedings; Washington, D.C.: Recommended – Transactions; Silver Band – Litigation; IAM Strategy 300)
- Dennies Varughese, Pharm.D. (Washington, D.C.: Bronze Band – Litigation)
- Jon E. Wright (Washington, D.C.: Bronze Band – Litigation)
- Daniel E. Yonan (National: Recommended – International Trade Commission; Washington, D.C.: Bronze Band – Litigation)
To read the complete ranking report for Sterne Kessler, please click here.
About IAM 1000
The IAM Patent 1000 is an independent publication dedicated to highlighting individual and firm expertise across all major areas of patent law and practice. Using a robust research process performed by highly qualified analysts, IAM Patent 1000 names the top patent practitioners, as well as law and attorney firms, annually in 46 of the world's most important jurisdictions and 18 states in the U.S.
About Sterne Kessler
Founded in 1978 and based in Washington, DC, Sterne Kessler is dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer, and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students, and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law. Most of our professionals hold an advanced level degree, including nearly 50 masters degrees and 50+ with a doctorate in science or engineering -- credentials wide and deep enough to fill the faculty of a science-oriented university.